3/26/08

"Worship"

Here's an audio clip of a song by Shirley Booth I found on YouTube. It's based on Isaiah 58.

And here are the lyrics:

It seems so far away –
The thought of suffering, of hunger and need.
Lord, we’re so comfortable,
They’re only pictures on my TV screen.

Oh, we fast but we know we can eat the next day,
And we travel to church in a car.
There are carpets to comfort our knees when we pray,
And no danger in being what we are.

Are my praises so loud that they drown out the cries?
Do I fail to stoop down
‘cause my hands are raised so high?
Are my eyes shut so tight when I pray I won’t see?
Am I worshipping God for only me?

You say that worshipping, Lord,
Is more like something I should do with my life.
Not just at Sunday School –
No Lord, You’re calling me to put these things right.
There are hungry to feed – I have so much to spare
For the naked and down-trodden too.
So much hurting around me, please help me to care –
Lord, I want to start worshipping You.

You make me shine like the sun,
And Your glory will shelter me.
When I cry out, You come.
You restore me Lord, setting me free!

No comments: