3/14/08

One-minute Friends

What are some ways we can show love in very brief conversations with people we will likely never see again? Give? Make eye contact and smile? Graceful one-liners?

What are some of the best things we can do for the person asking for money, for the cashier, for the person on the elevator...? How can we brighten their days or help them in a small way?

How have your one-minute friends impacted you or made your day? Did mention of God or faith come up in the exchange?

[later on...]

Oh! I just found something here, written by C.J. Mahaney, about Mark Dever:

The first lesson I learned from your life was your heart for the lost and your passion to reach them with the gospel.

You asked me that day if we could eat at Subway, and I gladly followed (trying to keep up with you, as I immediately discovered you walk as fast as you talk) on the brief walk to this location. And just before we entered Subway, you informed me that you ate there often--not because of the cuisine, but in order to reach those who worked there with the gospel. I then observed your conversation and interaction with those who served us. As we sat down, I immediately began to draw you out about your heart and strategy for reaching the lost. You told me that you try to frequent the same places when you eat out, run errands etc. for the purpose of sharing the gospel. Since that day, I have followed your example and have shared the gospel with many I have come to know. Whatever heart I have for the lost is the result of your example and influence (second only to that of my very good friend Kenneth Maresco).


Oh! So sometimes maybe those one minute interactions could end up as multiple one minute interactions on different days! Ah! Tip of the day :)

No comments: