3/19/08

"Who do you say I am?"

(Matt. 16:15b)

Back in the day, a friend and I had lots of fun doing newsletters for a church college group. Some adventures had in the process. One of these was a trip to the local store (not sure if anywhere else in addition to that for this particular mission) to survey people's answer to the question: "Who do you think Jesus is?"

Well I just found the newsletter with the responses:

1. "He's a dude. Just a dude. Read the Bible."

2. "I'm an athiest."

3. "Jesus is God."

4. "I don't know."

5. "That's a hard question. I never really thought of that before. He came to earth and was crucified and that's why we have Easter."

6. "What you said." (Jesus being the Son of God.)

7. "Just a prophet."

8. "Jesus is the Lord."

9. "I'm a Catholic. Does that explain it?...I don't believe in the Trinity thing...I just hope He comes back soon to end all this..."

10. "No one's ever asked me that before."
Wow huh. Not sure if this was the exact order in which we received the responses. Not necessarily advocating this particular method, but I think I stepped up in my younger years in ways that I wouldn't necessarily repeat now. (Though I might be willing to do the 'survey' method again provided it were not inside a store and if I weren't doing it alone.) Would be nice to be courageous and proactive with regard to speaking of God when out and about.

No comments: