3/26/08

It's called, 'The Fall.'

So last night I was at a local community Task Force gathering and in response to something I said I think a friend said something like, "It's called 'The Fall', Rachael."

...Oh yeah.

But if I were Eve I likely would've done the same, and if not at the tree, I would've sinned soon enough elsewhere.

If I were alive in Jesus' day I may have shouted "Crucify Him!" if I were not called, and even if not, my actions would've spoken and speak otherwise.

In this post, C.J. Mahaney quotes Stott as saying in The Cross of Christ:

If we were in their place, we would have done what they did. Indeed, we have done it. For whenever we turn away from Christ, we ‘are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace’ (Heb. 6:6)
In a review of Mahaney's book Living the Cross Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing, the reviewer quotes Mahaney:
I identify most with the angry mob screaming, 'Crucify Him!' That's who we should all identify with. Because apart from God's grace, this is where we would all be standing, and we're only flattering ourselves to think otherwise
Sin, crimes, and social problems in the community and world at large suck.

Thankfully through Christ there is a way for death's wages to be paid off and to be reconciled to God.

But that doesn't mean society is shielded from the damaging effects of sin...

No comments: