3/8/08

Inspirational People I

1) My mom -- Her servant heart and her understanding of Service vs. service. Her deep desire to look to Christ. Upward and onward...

2) My dad -- A secret servant to his family. Working endless hours in my youth. Generous with his time and resources. Gifted in talking with ease with all types of people.

3) When I was at WWU - A woman who opened up her home and led a small group to the young gals who helped with international student ministry. A very hospitable, kind, gentle woman. I hope to be like Barbara when I 'grow up' :). She not only 'reached out', but 'reached within'...Love is definitely an important ingredient in ministry, from the inside out.

4) During an interview -- I believe the interviewer mentioned that he used to fall asleep when reading his Bible. His love for God's Word (if I'm not mistaken) made a mark on my heart.

5) People who exemplify humility -- evidence of a genuine, real faith expressed through prayer. I recently personally heard someone do this and I've been told that my old pastor (who is other family members' pastor) has expressed humility through prayer.

And the list could go on and on...

(edit: 3/14)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Upward, and onward, I love you so much not only as my daughter, but as my fellow believer. But you have it backwards--you inspire ME. I was touched by your comment...though, I feel I am more "say" than "do"...

Rachael said...

I'm more "think", and maybe more "say" than "do"...maybe over time I can progressively become more "do" without neglecting the "think"...and if I'm blessed with old age and find my way into a nursing home where I can't actively "do" (if I'm bedridden and/or can't communicate), hopefully some Scripture will be hidden in the heart to help...and then maybe then I can revert back to the "think" stage...and try to "do" through my "thinking"...oh dear. :)