2/14/08

Ultimate Satisfaction

A reminder about Who should be the ultimate source of our satisfaction, and that marriage is not...

From the post "3 Things That Make Me Happy On Valentine's Day":

As one who was recently married, let me speak to those who are single. Being married will never satisfy you. I love my wife Jen with all my heart. I love being married to her and can't imagine life without her. But she doesn't ultimately satisfy me, and I don't satisfy her. Why? Because we were made to be satisfied in God. Psalm 16:11 says, "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Fullness of joy is found in loving God and delighting in his presence. Today, will you find your joy in God?


(edit 2/15)

No comments: