2/13/08

Raindrops on roses...

Ah, the little things in life...

Though we rarely e-mail each other now, a friend and I usually closed our messages with a fun little thing in the traditional "love" or "take care" spot. She and I noticed those little things in life, and here is a slice of her yearbook message to me in our final year of high school (10 years ago this year!):



It would be good to more consciously recognize and be appreciative of those little things.

Today I tried a different bus route home from work, and, I really liked it! I transferred downtown, and the second bus route included a couple of scenic views. Even one of the bus passengers commented on one of the views. Nice. I will probably take this route again. A nice little blessing...or big blessing. Location is one of the things I like best about the area in which I live. Truly I'm blessed.

We/I should take advantage of the little things in the 'random' spare moments. Although students often give me candies to enjoy during the 10 minute break in my long class, I feel like I don't take a *complete* break during this time. But the students seem to know how to take advantage of it - with their water bottles and food items and all (our class is at lunchtime). It's kind-of inspiring. I think I should put a little more effort into noticing, pursuing, and enjoying the little things in life.

(edit 2/15)

No comments: