2/17/08

Trusting through the 'bites'...

Because I know my cat and her temperament, her 'bites' (if you can call them that) don't stir in me a feeling of resounding alarm. Someone unfamiliar with cats or my cat in particular might freak out if my cat embraced their hand or arm with her mouth ;). But I know who she is - I know her friendliness, her quirks, her love of being close to me in the mornings [a subtle hint for me to get up and feed her?], her love of being around people. If an unfamiliar cat appeared to be on the verge of taking a chunk out of me, more than likely I would be more self-protective. In an attempt to draw from this an analogy to real life -- when life 'bites', or when God sends trials our way, we can trust Him. We know who He is. When challenges come, we don't have to be defeated by fright.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Good one, Rachael. AND the momentary, light afflictions, the light biting, is achieving something that is far greater than the bites! (Oh, and cute pictures of your sweet kitty)