1/19/08

Psalm 50

I didn't take notes, but I think this was the Psalm through which the same person who led last week's talk led us...anyway, without further ado, here are some Psalm 50 chunks (ESV)...

Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before me. (vs. 8)

Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.' But to the wicked God says: 'What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you.(vs. 14-17)

'Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver! The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!' (vs. 22-23)

Once again, interesting timing.

No comments: