1/28/07

Extracting from Exodus

Exodus 2:23-25 – “During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel – and God knew.”

Yes, God SEES, and, God KNOWS.

Exodus 3:11, 4:10-12: “But Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?’

“… ‘Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent…’ Then the LORD said to him, ‘Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.’”

More than who are we, let’s ask, WHO IS HE?

Exodus 14:14: “The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.’”

Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! Your thoughts made a great start to my day--waking up my dull heart. Ann