11/3/07

Clicking out of Cliques

Cliques aren't limited to the youth. But what comprises a clique anyway? Just people who connect tending to talk to one another more often than others? Isn't it natural to be drawn and feel closer to those with whom you connect and feel comfortable? Still, it would be good if we could find enjoyment in hanging out with acquaintances with whom we might not feel as close a connection. How can we enjoy this more and feel more comfortable partially or fully outside our closer circles? Maybe by taking the feelings of others into consideration, realizing the value of 'practicing' the life skill of graciously discovering and interacting with people of varying personalities, and realizing that God may be working through those interactions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I was a stranger and you welcomed Me"--Matt. 25:35 -- I hope to remember how I feel being on the "outside" -- and how it felt when someone reached out to me, not knowing me, taking the time to talk to me & not spending time with their friends. Good point, Rachael. Even though it's uncomfortable, hopefully we can remember to keep our eyes open and reach out.