11/13/07

Footprints of faith...

You just don't always know others' feelings and impressions of you. Seems that even just who we are, what we don't say, and little chunks of what we do say work together in shaping these opinions. One of the things that make me tick are life interactions, and I'm just encouraged by one woman's words today...

Earlier on, when still at work, a co-worker basically expressed some disappointment at my leaving to work at another community college next quarter. My only work experience at my current workplace is in the Summer of 06 and this current work quarter. Later on, I gave her a ride to Seattle, dropping her off at a QFC. She said something like this to me, "It's nice that you don't talk about God being terrible. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one (at work) who's conservative..." I'm not sure if she's of any religous background or 100% conservative. I don't think people at work explicitly say God is terrible. I don't think I've ever brought up my political beliefs at work, but I may have talked about my involvement with a children's thing at church when she was in the room. I think another co-worker (one who goes to church) may have learned I went to church through this co-worker.

I'm not too chatty at work. I often keep quiet. Occasionally a 'faith footprint' might slip out, and it's quite possible she may have heard but one.

Should I be really happy, hopeful and satisfied when situations like this come up, or through them should I be inspired to strive to be more free and intentional with the release of faith footprints...?

No comments: