11/24/07

Pre-Race Reflection II

So my guess is that tomorrow's race will be doable, if I don't start out too fast, and if the hills don't kill me. A few months ago I felt that even the 1/2 would be a stretch for me, but as of now I'm feeling that it will probably be doable. Maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow :). I think I can even say that I like running now.

Anyway, life application time :). If there are life tasks that at first seem really daunting & haunting, I suppose it's possible that as I gain confidence and drive to tackle them with training and endurance build-up (through Christ's strength), the dread will lessen. I'm not sure if I'll ever get to the point of enjoying those tasks, but who knows, maybe I'll be able to find some sort of joy in even doing the undesirable, even if not through the task itself...

We'll see how well I enjoy the 'grading/class prep marathon' that I'll be coming home to tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachael, Congratualtions on your successful completion of this task, the 1/2 marathon! And for the insightful application to the other Marathons in this life.