12/28/06

'Unintentional' ministry

I think I should be more open to being used in 'unintentional' ministry, and I should seek to live for God in more common, mundane, everyday ways...

Anyway, here's something I wrote on a friend's xanga:

"It's interesting that you mention being out of 'intentional' ministry...yes, ministry can be 'unintentional' on our part, but 'intentional' on God's, huh...it's interesting how you say you don't want to do 'actions' to fill time and make yourself feel good...I think I often enjoy doing certain things, but perhaps I should question why, or be more open to 'unintentional ministry' [...] "

1 comment:

Adam said...

It's interesting that you'd call it "unintentional ministry." A term thrown around my campus is "intentional relationships"--that is, being intentional in your actions which you'd normally consider unintentional. Playing a board game with people, keeping in mind all the while that you goal is to get them to Christ.

At least when you say ministry I think to others, unless you also mean being intentional by yourself, in which case it probably wouldn't be ministry.

Maybe we shouldn't be more open to "unintentional ministry" but instead trying to maintain a 24/7 "intentional ministry."