10/25/04

Be my Strength when I am Weak

Exodus 4:10-12:

"Then Moses said to the LORD, 'Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since. You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.' " The LORD said to him, 'Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say.' "

God can work through our physical weaknesses for His glory.

As the song goes:

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all.

2 Corinthians illustrates the truth of God's being able to work in spite of our shortcomings in verses 9 and 10: "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

God, please work through my weaknesses for Your glory.










No comments: