2/11/07

Oh the glory, oh the covenant


Genesis 9:12-16: "And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."

And just as God remembers this covenant he made in Noah's day, so He remembers all of His other covenants (promises)...perhaps we can think of the fulfillment of promises when we see the bow in the cloud.



(Following the brief description of "a likeness with a human appearance" [Ez. 1:26]....)

Ezekiel 1:28 - "Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.
Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, ..."

Just as the bow indicates God's covenant, so it demonstrates God's bright glory and creativity. How great He is!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hey! A double rainbow. And the second one is inverse and duller... and I know exactly why. muahahaha. Yes the rainbow is a great promise, it's good to be reminded of what it means and how it is a sign of God's care for us.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like how you talked about the first rainbow promise, and how it also reminds us of how God keeps all His promises. His promise of forgiveness of sins! Yay!!! I will remember that next time I look at the rainbow. Ann