6/13/07

For where your treasure is . . .

Luke 12:34 -- "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

I was reorganizing a photo album today -- yeah, not the most productive thing I could've been doing :)

Anyway.

So I've had a ton of experiences!!! In Japan, and in other countries (I was dealing w/ Japan pictures, though...)

But...what is it that I remember? Yeah, I love rice fields, and I love the appearances of street scenes with cute buildings/shops all around, spectacular nature views, and random close-ups...In part, the scenery of particular places will remain in my heart -- the beauty of Shirokawa-go (in Japan), and Cameron Highlands (in Malaysia), etc.

However, is the beauty enough to make life ultimately meaningful...? Not 100%.

I guess what I remember when I look back on life (not only my Japan experience) would tend to be the people, experiences, struggles, & spiritual concepts.

A glimpse at my apartment decorations and belongings might on the surface place me in the "Miss International" category.

Yes, the international world is definitely a part of my core.

What's the heart of my core, though?

I guess what excites me is people coming to Christ, thinking/talking about deep matters, and when they're really knowledgeable about the Bible.

However, is that my core, or just what excites me when I see these things in others?

Maybe I should be more proactive in personally taking on characteristics that seem to be wedged into my heart core.

I did send out an e-mail asking if people would be interested in getting a group together to engage in deep conversation. Maybe I should just schedule something and hope people come and 'engage'...

:)

No comments: